Oven Roasted Veggies
Easy side dish for a chilly Autumn or Winter evening. Gluten free, dairy free, sugar free. by Dr. Lisa Shaver
Prep time: 30 minutesCooking time: 35-45 minutes Ingredients:
1 medium turnip or rutabaga, chopped into ½” cubes
1 large carrot or 2 medium carrots, chopped into ½” cubes
1 sweet potato, chopped into ½” cubes
1 medium zucchini, chopped into ¾” cubes
1 medium eggplant, green top, shiny skin and firm to touch, chopped into ¾” cubes
1 red, yellow or orange pepper, chopped into 1” cubes
1 medium red onion, chopped into 1” cubes
2 Tbsp olive oil
1½ tsp fresh rosemary
½ tsp salt
¼ tsp pepper
1. Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Cut vegetables as directed*, as denser root vegetables need smaller pieces to decrease cooking time. Place in large bowl or large 1-gallon ziplock, add olive oil, salt, and pepper and rosemary**. Toss or shake. Spread evenly into one layer on baking sheet.
3. Bake for 35 – 45 minutes, turning every 10 minutes.
4. Vegetables should yield when a sharp knife is inserted into center of vegetable.
5. Great when served with a meat, poultry or tempeh dish. May add tempeh to vegetables as complete meal.
- *any combination of above vegetables may be used. Potatoes may be added, or used exclusively for roasted rosemary potatoes.
- ** if using dried rosemary, crush the rosemary with a knife or in a mortar and pestle or coffee grinder first.